|Jeffrey Logan Hastings|
Hastings in 2017
|Born||January 18, 1966|
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Residence||Cypress, Texas, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Park University|
Management, Computer Science
Masters in Industrial and Organizational Psychology(2021)
|Occupation||President at ContractCoach.com|
Founder of ReferralBook.com
|Board member of||University of Houston-Downtown Marilyn Davies College of Business |
Chair of the Enrollment Committee
Kim Hastings (m. 2015)
(born January 18, 1966) is a published American author, business consultant, motivational speaker and student. As the current President of , his team supports over 350 insurance agents all over the country. Using data analytics, statistical modeling and conditional logic, his company creates new and exciting profiles to bridge the gap between computers and human behavior. Using his own history of success and failures, he has authored three books which focus on redefining success and human values.
Hastings was born in Houston, Texas. His father, (1937-2011), was a well-known Houston Police Department veteran who proudly served his country in the Korean War, and later went into politics where he was the sheriff in Hays county, Texas (1988-1994). Both his father and mother, Judith L. Hastings, instilled in him a strong sense of morality, service, and commitment to help others. However in 1981, when his father suffered a major heart attack and was forced to retire, his family moved to the hill country in Canyon Lake, Texas and Jeff stayed behind to live with his childhood friend, David Wilson and later, H. Jefferson Kingry, III. Throughout these difficult times and separation, Jeff admits it was his mother that kept the family together. Attending three high schools (Aldine Nimitiz, Smithson Valley and Dripping Springs) proved to be an invaluable experience allowing him to meet incredible people - many of which Jeff considers to be close friends today.
In the early and mid-1980's, our country was changing faster than the speed of light as Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Bill Gates set out to change the world. Now in college, Jeff put off his career plans and passion to study psychology to focus in the field of computer science. Working his way through college, building and leasing computers to local business owners, Jeff graduated in 1990 with honors at Park College at Bergstrom Air Force Base, which was primarily a university for military officers.
2013 - Current
In October 2013, Jeff retired from his successful career in insurance to build a consulting and recruiting agency which is now known as ContractCoach.com (see below). With a business model to recruit successful industry professionals who has a track record of success, the company has certified over 200 coaches throughout the US. Notable accomplishments include:
• 2016 - 2017: The creation of SUNUP Insurance University in Bermuda Run, NC. Jeff Hastings served as President of Franchising for 2-years and, according to Entrepreneur Magazine, helped the new startup become one of the fasted growing franchises in 2017.
• 2018 - 2019: Jeff Hastings held the position of Vice President of Agencies for TWFG Insurance in The Woodlands, TX. During his tenure, Jeff and his team developed a recruiting platform using smart forms which completely automated the on-boarding process for new agents. TWFG is the 8th largest privately held independent insurance agency in the United States. 1985 - 2013
In 1985, Jeff was hired as a file clerk to work in the State Office for Farmers Insurance Group of Companies. Working his way up through the organization while attending university courses at night, he worked in various positions including administrative services, claims, underwriting and auditing. Jeff's passion for entrepreneurship started when he opened his first business, Hastings Sign Company. At just 20-years young, Jeff negotiated a contract with a local sign builder to allow him and five (5) of his employees to use his shop in exchange for three personally built computers and a 20" CAMM-1 digital sign printer. Nine years later, Jeff sold his business to move back to his home town of Houston, Texas where he opened his own insurance agency and entered a training program with a desire to become a district manager.
In 1996, his dream came true as he was offered the opportunity to take over a sales team in the Houston, Texas area. At 30-years old, he was one of the youngest district managers in the companies history. Starting with just 17-agents in his operation, he quickly became known for two things: recruiting and agency automation.
Recruiting was easy. Jeff had a passion for small business and was excited to tell everyone about it. Growing his district to almost 70 agents and over 150 employees, his team generated an estimated $85 million in annualized premium, $14.6 million in commissions, and in 2013, his district recorded a record $13 million in corporate profits. Often being recognized for his teams performance, one of the highlights of his career came in 2005 when he received the companies highest award, District Manager of the Year .
is a business consulting agency focused on helping insurance agents build a better business. By focusing on faith, family and small business success, the company helps agencies throughout the United States redefine their personal definition for success.
One of the most popular systems atis the . Designed as a turn-key and easy to use recruiting system, business owners are able to obtain the tools they need to solve two of the biggest business issues: Recruiting Talent and Lead Generation. For a small monthly membership fee, users can select from several marketing tools to attract new candidates to apply for their opening. Focused on the largest sector of the new job market (the Millennial applicant), the system gives each a free account on the site to review job openings, conduct research and try out the career before they commit. Conducting consumer surveys during the interview process gives the applicant great ideas of how they can offer value to the interviewing agent, and can generate significant leads for the agency owner. The system also offers unlimited personality profiles and reference requests at no additional charge.
An automated marketing system has proven to be an effective way to simplify and automate the sales process. Clients can use out-of-the-box letters, or hire an expert to customize the program and match the agency brand. Combined with the, they both make a powerful combination to add to any agents arsenal of marketing activities.
At the time of this publication, the company advertised 12 custom designed insurance specific systems and more are on the way. All systems were priced well below market expectations and affordable for almost any agent, new or old. With all of this said, the most impressive agency system offered by the company is the certified coaching program. Allare proven industry professionals, many of which continue to own and operate agencies today. Filling the void that large insurers have created by failing to offer sound business advice and employee training, ContractCoach systems can make the difference between success and failure in most agency operations.
In 2020,is expected to launch it's much anticipated Employee Performance System. Using similar triggers which cause the human brain to become addicted to the gaming industry, the important daily activities needed to run a thriving small business will be combined with an enterprise gamification platform to incentivize, motivate and even train your employees! Early testing has shown incredible performance indicators with agents reporting up to 70% increase in productivity.
Books and Publications
- The Most Successful Failure in the World
- So You Want to be an Insurance Agent, "A Step-by-Step Approach to a Successful Insurance Agency" (2004, 2008, 2013)
- Recruit, Recruit, Recruit, "Developing a Successful Agency One Agent at a Time" (2001)
- Money Magazine Cover, "Farmers Financial Services" (1999)
- 3.2 Discovering Your Passion, October 2015
- 3.4 Why You Are Here - Discovering Life's Purpose, January 2014
- 3.5 Taking Responsibility for Your Own Success by Jeff Hastings, November 2014
- 4.3 The Four Levels of Business Development by Jeff Hastings, January 2016
- So You Want to be an Insurance Agent 3rd Addition eBook Summary by Jeff Hastings, July 2013
Achievements and Recognition
- 12 time Topper Club Qualifier
- 9 time Champion
- 6 time President's Council Member
- 2005 Farmers District Manager of the Year
- 2006-2009 C.E.O. Executive Council Member, Farmers Insurance Group
License and Designations
- Life Underwriting Training Counsel Fellow (LUTCF)
- Property & Casualty, Texas
- Life & Health, Texas
- Series 6, 63 and 26 (inactive)
Jeff is happily married to who he insists is his sole mate,(2014). Kim retired from the teaching industry after reading Jeff's second book, "So You Want to be an Insurance Agent". Well, she did and now they reside in Cypress, Texas where Kim owns an insurance agency appropriately referred to as, . Together, they have six children: Kristin (32), Avery (27), Alexandria (23), Maxwell (22), Andersen (16), and Logan (12).
- Park University (1990) BS, Management, Computer Science
- Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business (2012), Executive Leadership Program
- Harvard University (expected graduation, 2021) MA, Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- For more information: Email 
- Company Phone: 281-752-6565
- "Jeff Hastings named District Manager of the Year" (PDF). September 28, 2005. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- "The Most Successful Failure in the World" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SX7CPC8/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i1